Download from Internet
Avoid downloads from unknown websites or from suspicious emails addresses, such downloadable files can contain harmful elements to your security, such as viruses.
When you download files, ensure that it is under your consent and identity and reliability certificates are always displayed.
- For internet transactions, only use your card to make purchases from trustworthy businesses.
- Do not enter your credit card number on websites asking you for it without the clear purpose of performing a specific purchase by the customer.
- Never reveal your password or PIN. Furthermore, do not provide more personal details than the mandatory basics.
- Always check that you are using encryption to send data. To check this, make sure you can see the little yellow padlock at the bottom of the browser window.
- Never give out your card number, PIN or expiry date via e-mail.
- Check your account balance with your Entity to ensure that all amounts charged match the purchases you have made and for the exact amount.
Protect your computer
- Protect your computer from harmful elements by installing an antivirus and setting up a personal Firewall to block intrusion. It is also advisable to ensure you keep these updated.