Línea BEI Agroalimentaria
Business project financing in Spain and the EU
For companies and self-employed workers of the agro-food sector
- Self-employed workers and SMEs with fewer than 250 employees. Investment projects and working capital requirements. Financing of up to 100% of the investment project.
The Line of funding EIB Agrodiet, subscribed between EIB and Bankia, has as an aim to provide the financing of the made business projects in Spain and in the European Union by companies and self-employed workers that develop its activity in the agro-food sector.
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is a financial institution of the European Union, created in 1958 for the Tried Rome. Its shareholders are the EU member States. In its capacity as an EU institution, the purpose of the EIB is to finance investment promoting economic integration and the greater social cohesion of member States (www.eib.org).
The EIB financing has favourable conditions with respect to alternative credit sources, which allows to Bankia to pass on to its customers a financial advantage in the financing of their projects.
The contribution of the EIB is framed within the signed collaboration agreement in date 23 May 2017 between EIB and Bankia, in virtue of which a contract of financing has been subscribed with a value of 50 million euros called “EIB Line of funding AGROALIMENTACION” and whose object it is to finance investment projects and working capital in Spain and the promoted European Union by self-employed workers, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and self-employed workers that develop its activity in the agro-food sector.
Advantages of the EIB Agro-Food Line
- Beneficiaries: self-employed workers, SMEs with fewer than 250 employees, regardless of its balance sheet and invoicing, that are based mostly in Spain, although are permitted also the based ones in the European Union and that they develop its activity in the agro-food sector.
- Financeableprojects: investment projects and working capital needs, which must be materialised in Spain or in European Union countries.
- Amount that may be financed with EIB funds: projects carried out by self-employed workers and SMEs with a value of up to 25 million euros: you will be able to finance up to 100% of the investment project or the working capital needed, with a limit of 12.5 million euros per project.
- Sectors excluded by the EIB: not eligible for this facility are the projects of certain sectors such as military manufacture, property development, gambling, the production and marketing of tobacco, the use of live animals for experimental purposes, projects that harm the environment, purely financial operations either for the purchase or financial restructuring of companies, among others. Only the agri-food sectors will be admissible.
Terms and Conditions
- Economic and financial terms and conditions of loans: Being an EIB-backed line, it has preferential economic conditions that you can consult at your branch or through your commercial manager.
- Repayment term:
- Investment projects: between 2 and 10 years with the possibility of a waiting period of up to 12 months.
- Working capital financing: between 2 and 5 years with the possibility of a waiting period of up to 12 months.
- Type: the financing will be able to formalise through loan, leasing or credit account.
- Item of the holders: the number of employees is both taking into account and its direct employees as the employees of related companies (self-employed workers, partners and linked) and also relationships will be taken into account between companies via individuals in the case of combining enterprises.
- Validity of the Facility: until 23/05/2019 or earlier, if they run out its funds.
Details of the financeable projects
A. Investment projects:
- Tangible: investment projects in active claims, except for fields (except its purchase is considered technically essential for the project) that they suppose new investments and/or extension or improvement of existing facilities. Financing for the acquisition of land for agricultural purposes is entirely excluded.
- Intangibles: expenses R&D&I, costs of development, creation or acquisition of distribution networks in national markets or foreigners within the EU, acquisition or purchase of brands and patents.
You will be able to finance the acquisition of a company in order to to guarantee the continuity of its economic activity in certain cases and under certain conditions (inter-generation succession or transfer of company ownership to employees).
All investment projects must materialise in Spain or in some European Union country.
B. Working capital projects:
- Needs for liquidity destined to provide a stable working capital base that allows the potential beneficiaries to finance the obligations arising from their commercial cycle, as part of their normal activities.
- Financed categories can include, among others, the necessary funds for the acquisition of raw materials and other manufacturing inputs, inventories and indirect costs, as well as the funds to finance commercial debtors and other non-commercial credits.
It will not be possible to fund purely financial operations (liability restructuring, refinancing, purchase of shares in companies except for those previously indicated eventualities of inter-generational succession or transfer of company ownership to employees) or property development.
You will not be able to finance the costs related to the acquisition of licences, production rights and other rights granted by government bodies. Taxes on the business only you will be able to finance in those suppositions in which you can not recover.