Emisión de cheques
Document issued by a banking institution
In favour of the exporter of the operation whose payment you wish to cancel
- You can issue cheques or promissory notes in any quoted currency. A guarantee for the recipient that the funds exist. Will involve the registration of a clean import remittance.
Advantages of issuing of cheques
The cheque is a means of payment on demand whereby you, as an importer, authorise an individual or institution (your supplier/payee) to withdraw funds available in your financial institution (Bankia).
The bank check is a document issued by a banking organisation of a country, at the request of its importing customer, in favour of the exporter of the operation for which the cancellation of payment is required.
As an importer you may be interested to know that:
- You can issue cheques or promissory notes in any quoted currency.
- It can be the banking or chequebook type (personal cheque).
- In the event you require a bank cheque to be issued, it provides a guarantee to the receiver ensuring a balance to pay the cheque. You must take into account that fees apply to a bank cheque.
- The use of personal cheques will involve the registration of a simple import remittance when the supplier manages its payment.
- Risk of loss or forgery of the cheque.