Bankia can guarantee your operations
We can work directly, or if necessary, via our correspondents. Our extensive network allows us to offer you the coverage you need, anywhere in the world
- We can provide specialised advising to help with your operations.
- Through our COMEX Notifications service, we can keep you informed on an ongoing basis.
- We provide you with maximum flexibility for all of your operations.
Characteristics of the guarantees
A guarantee is a banking commitment before a third party, that guarantees the good end of an obligation or commitment contracted by a client of the issuing entity.
In your international commercial relations, your suppliers may require you to issue a surety bond which guarantees, for example, your payment of purchases, services, etc.
A guarantee is a flexible product which adapts to any object or guarantee (payment of merchandise, fulfilment of a service or a contract, refund of an advance payment, etc.)
The guarantees can be Indefinite or have Nominal Maturity and/or Effective Maturity.
If you are importer, also can benefit from its advantages. For example, you can request your suppliers to issue in your favour a guarantee that returns those advance payments they have required of you and that, in the event of a failure to comply, you can demand to be refunded.
If you are exporter will need turn to this product, for example, when you tender for in a contest of award abroad, requesting a guarantee of type Bid Bond or Lay Bond. If you are finally awarded the contract, you may be required to provide a Performance Bond.
International guarantees are not, therefore, an exclusive product for importers or exporters, but a product which adapts to any need, the payee of the guarantee being offered the security that the issuing bank will answer for its execution. Therefore, it is important to study the guarantee received: text, object, legislation, etc., including as a fundamental part in this study the solvency of the issuing bank.
- Coverage to worldwide level.
- Customised advice via our specialists in Comex and maximum agility in the procedure.
- Coverage so much of a punctual operation as of a continuing need.
- Standards text availability and customised that they conform to different guarantee types.