Subrogation of Mortgage
How to improve the conditions of your loan
The mortgage subrogation it is an option that it allows moving the debt of a bank to another for improve conditions of the loan maintaining the initial term conditions and repayment. Additionally is talked of subrogation when the debt is moved a payer to another in the purchase and sale agreement of a property with mortgage.
The subrogation results especially interesting in loans with a great pending capital fee-paying and a long repayment period, and it usually does in the first few years of loan life of one property (the majority of the companies demand that they have happened 3 years to manage the change).
How takes place the process?
- Without requesting permission. It does not be necessary to request permission to the current company to change to another that offers to pay a snider monthly fee in the mortgage.
- In looks for of best conditions. It is necessary to analyse in detail conditions of all possible mortgages before settling on one. It is advisable to do an estimate of the monthly fee to pay in each case to know if it compensates the change.
- Application and acceptance terms. After selecting the company to the quese wants to move the mortgage, it is necessary to present an application of subrogation. If the bank accepts it, will have a term of 7 days to offer them conditions of the new loan (the binding tender). Then, a further period is opened of 10 days to accept the offer and to start to save in the monthly fee.
- Possible counteroffer. In this phase of the process, the bank in which the mortgage was signed would be able to present one offer of novación that levels or improves conditions of the new bank. If that counteroffer, the client is produced will not be able to abandon the company in which signed the mortgage and there ends the attempt of subrogation.
What expenses has the subrogation?
- Early repayment fee of the current loan, that it usually is of the 1 %.
- Fee of subrogation, that is paid to the new bank and that it includes expenses as the Tax Stamp Duty (IAJD) and notarial tariffs and register them, that it usually is of the 0.5 %. The IAJD just is paid in the event of extension of the amount of the mortgage. The amount varies according to the autonomous community.
- Valuation of the property, that it can cost around 300 euros.
- Expenses of management, notary's office, mortgage registry, etc., derived from the procedure of the process.
The subrogation it will be appropriate provided that those costs are offset with the saving that it is going to generate the relocation of mortgage. A discount of 50 euros in the monthly fee would suppose 600 annual saving euros, and 12,000 euros in 20 years. It is just necessary to do calculations before taking a decision.
You might also be interested in
Mortgage Without Variable Fees
Mortgage Without Variable Fees
If need to finance the acquisition of your property, in Bankia we have your mortgage. Only for having your salary paid in directly at Bankia and nothing else, will be able to contract a Mortgage Without Variable Fees.
Find your dream house... Leave the rest to us.