Why and when contract a pension plan
A pension plan is a product of saving and investment long-term whose fundamental purpose is that the holder has the necessary funds for face its retirement.
The plan is based on the contributions (periodic or punctual) of the holder, that the managing entity invests in accordance with the criteria established in the pension plan for obtain return. The yields leave summing to the capital and, at the time of retirement or when the holder rescue the plan, will be able to maintain its living standard.
When being a reasoned product for the retirement, allows saving with comfort during all the work life. It also provides tax advantages (it can suppose a saving of 24% at 43%). The amount of the contributions the fixed thing the holder, and it can modify them, suspend them and resume them at any time.
Who is it aimed at?
Who should contract a pension plan? Any worker on active service that it wants complement its retirement to enjoy that new era without economic oppressions. It is invest in the retirement. And to guarantee that future calm is significant to save.
When contract a pension plan? There is not a specific age and depends on the personal circumstances, but the truth is that as soon as possible gets started, more possibilities will have that the money generates return and accumulate capital for the retirement.
What plan choose
To choose the suitable plan it is necessary to think in factors as the age of the holder or its expectations of return. There are plans with great or smaller risk (according to the invested percentage in equities). There are search engines of plans that they simplify the choice, but is advisable to have the advice of an expert.
How is charged
There are several ways of charging a pension plan:
- Capital. Everything is received the money from only once.
- Financial incomes. The amount is chosen to receive and the frequency of the deliveries until it runs out the accumulated capital. The non consumed capital still generates return.
- Insured incomes. Are fixed the amounts to receive for the rest of the life and its charge is guaranteed through an insurance. Once signed the conditions, is not possible to change them.
- Charges without regular frequency. The holder receives charges, with the frequency and amount that he decides, charged to the available balance in its plan.
- Mixed formula. A part of the provision is charged in capital and another in financial incomes.
You can recover the investment before the retirement?
There are situations in which you can recover the invested money before arriving at the retirement, as in the event of unemployment, incapacity to work, dependence or death. In this last one, would be able to credit widowhood provisions or orphanhood. In addition, also is possible to charge in advance for the contributions that they have more than 10 years of longevity.
You might also be interested in
Fund comparison tool
Fund comparison tool
Find the fund that is best suited to your interests.