WHAT ARE COOKIES?
The cookies they are files downloaded onto the user's equipment with the aim of compiling essential data for the correct functioning of the websites, applications or any other website of the Bankia Group, offering advantages to the user, facilitating browsing and user-friendliness and that may be updated and recovered by the Bankia Group bodies responsible for their installation.
The cookies will only be readable by the service or application that issued them, and in no case are they executable files, nor can they propagate or contain a virus. Similarly, own cookies used on Bankia group websites do not collect users' personal data (names, surnames, addresses, bank details or other information). In addition, in order to improve your privacy, the IP address has been encoded and recorded so the information obtained by the cookies service used by Bankia is exclusively statistical and entirely anonymous.
The Bankia group uses the IBM Single NetInsight analytical service, Google Analytics and Adobe SiteCatalyst in its applications and web services. They process information on behalf of the Bankia group to provide activity reports on how the application and/or web service is used, with the sole aim of making improvements to these applications and services.
For further information you can consult the privacy center for each of the analytical tools:
- Google Analytics
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted directly to Google and stored by it. If you want to refuse permission for the statistical processing of the data or information by Google Analytics you can easily disable this service. To do this, follow this link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=es
- IBM Unica NetInsight
- Adobe SiteCatalyst:
Additionally, the Bankia Group uses the service of the platforms listed below, which will process the information on account of the group in order to improve and manage the exhibition of advertising spaces in its applications and services, as well as customising publicity campaigns which adapt to the users' preferences. If you want to refuse permission for processing cookies for this purpose, you can easily deactivate this service via the "Opting Out" mechanism in your web browser (this system may entail installing a "reject" cookie in order for the deactivation to operate). For further information, you can consult the Privacy policies of each one of the platforms:
Bankia, S.A. accepts no responsibility for the contents and truthfulness of the third-party privacy policies included in the present Policy.
Users who have commenced a session in the private areas will be able to benefit from customised services in accordance with their surfing preferences and habits, as a result of the combination of their personal registration and access data with the information obtained via cookies. The user expressly authorises the Bankia Group to use the information for the stated purpose. However, he/she may reject or deactivate the cookies in accordance with the provisions of section 3 of this Policy.
TYPES OF COOKIES USED BY THE BANKIA GROUP
The cookies used by the Bankia group are:
1. Depending on the company that manages them:
- Own cookies: These cookies are sent to the user's terminal from a machine or domain run by the group and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user's terminal from a machine or domain run (or not) by the group, and a third party processes the data obtained via the cookies.
2. Depending on the period of time they remain active in the terminal:
- Session cookies: These cookies are designed to obtain and store data while the user accesses a website or application. Used to store information that is only of interest to provide the service requested once only by the user.
- Persistent cookies: Cookies in which data remains stored in the terminal to which the group may access and process during a defined period of time, which can run from a few minutes to several years.
3. Depending on the aim for which the data is obtained via cookies:
- Technical cookies: Cookies that allow users to browse a website, platform or application and use different options or services existing in them.
- Customization cookies: Cookies that they allow the user to access the service with a number of predefined general characteristics, according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal (for example, the language, the type of web browser used to access the service, the regional configuration used to access the service, etc.).
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow the behavior of the website's users to be monitored and analyzed. The information collected through this type of cookie is used in the measurement of website activity, application or platform and for the preparation of the browsing profiles of the users of said sites, in order to introduce improvements according to the data analysis of the use made by users of the service. You will be able to check the analytical services used by the Bankia group at the following informative document (PDF, 202 kB).
- Advertisingcookies: These allow the most effective possible management of advertising space which has been included in a website, app or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown. The Bankia group does not integrate cookies of this kind into the web services provided to users.
- Advertising behavior cookies: These allow the most effective possible management of advertising spaces which have been included in a website, app or platform from which the requested services are provided. These cookies store information about user behavior obtained via continuous observation of browsing habits, making it possible to develop a specific profile for showing advertising based on this. You It will be able to the consult the comportamental advertising cookies used by the Bankia Group in the following informative document (PDF, 83 kB).
We provide you with links to the supports of the main web browsers on the market where you can check how to change your cookie settings: