Am I using my card securely?
Follows these guidelines not to have no fright with your card.
- Have signed your card and remember that it is absolutely personal and non-transferable.
- Memorises the PIN. Don't write it down and never share it with anybody. Don't use as a PIN any personal details that can easily be deduced, such as your date of birth or your car number plate.
- Destroy expired cards.
- Be aware of the expiry date and if you don't receive a new card, tell your Bankia branch.
- When making a purchase, don't let the card out of your sight and make sure they give it back to you.
- Keep a copies of the receipts for your transactions and compare them with the charges shown on your statement.
- Immediately report the disappearance of your card. You can notify it via the App Bankia or deactivate them yourself from the menu cards in Bankia Online. You can also go to any Bankia branch, calls to the freephone number 900 10 30 50 or block your card from Bankia Wallet App.
- If you are not sure of the loss or theft of your card, you can use the function switching your card off/on, available in the Bankia App.
- Before you begin a trip, check the expiry date of your card and its credit limit. It is recommendable to take more than one card to avoid unforeseen events.
- When you use the card at ATMs, check that the area is secure (nobody is observing you and the ATM has no unusual attachments).