What is mobile payment?
The easiest way of making a purchase, without the need to carry your card.You just need to:
- Have a mobile phone with Android 4.4 or more with NFC technology.
- Own a Bankia VISA or MasterCard debit or credit card.
- Have confirmed phone number.
- The mobile phone must not have unofficial software versions installed.
What are the advantages?
- It's quick: just place the mobile phone near the terminal to make the purchase.
- It's convenient: no need to carry cards or cash, just take your mobile phone.
- It's secure: you have to activate your mobile phone screen in order to pay.
How to pay by mobile phone?
It's very simple:
- Enter your Bankia Wallet app,
- Choose the card you want to pay with, and that's all!
From then on you will be able to make purchases directly with your mobile phone, just by passing it close to the POS terminal. Establishments that have contactless technology will display this symbol:
When the trade types in the amount of the purchase you, you should bring closer your mobile phone in the POS with the oriented card towards the terminal to make the payment.
If the amount of the purchase is less than €20, the transaction will have been completed.
On the other hand, you will have to enter the PIN of your associated card to complete the transaction if the purchase is over €20.
If you have any doubts, see the Mobile payment FAQs.
Do you have an iPhone or a phone without NFC technology?
No problem, we offer an alternative that will also make your life easier: Bankia Wallet sticker.
It is a small card that sticks to the lower rear part of your mobile phone. In this way, your card and your mobile phone become one.
It's that easy. You can pay just by placing your mobile phone near the shop's POS terminal. Remember that if the purchase is over 20 euros you will have to enter your sticker's PIN.
Also, you can obtain your Bankia Wallet Sticker free of charge from Bankia Online.