Línea FEI - Iniciativa Pymes
Provides the business project financing and working capital
Carried out in Spain by SMEs and self-employed workers
- Financing of investment projects from 2 to 12 years. Financing of working capital from 2 to 5 years. Financing by means of a loan, leasing or a credit account.
The Line of Guarantees FEI – Initiative SMEs, subscribed between FEI and Bankia on 4 March 2016, has as an aim to provide the business project financing and made working capital in Spain by SMEs and self-employed workers.
The financing to awarded SMEs under the protection of the Sme INITIATIVE (EMS Initiative) benefits from the support of the European Union in the context of the Sme INITIATIVE (EMS Initiative), with funds of the European Union via the funds ERDF and Horizon 2020 and with funds of the European Fund of Investments and of the European Investment Bank.
The financing guaranteed by the FEI has economic conditions more favourable with respect to credit alternative sources, which it allows to Bankia to move to its clients a financial advantage in the financing of its projects.
The European Fund of Investments (FEI) was created in 1994 with the mission of helping to small businesses. Its majority shareholder is the European Investment Bank, together with which way the so-called "Group EIB".
The FEI gives venture capital to small businesses (SME), in particular to those which start and to the aimed at the sector of the technology. Additionally provides guarantees to financial institutions to cover its loans to SMEs. For its activities, the FEI uses its own funds or the facilitated ones by the EIB or the European Union.
The European Fund of Investments acts in the European union member states, Croatia, Turkey and three countries of the EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) (www.eif.org).
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is a financial institution of the European Union, created in 1958 for the Tried Rome. Its shareholders are the EU member States. In its capacity as an EU institution, the purpose of the EIB is to finance investment promoting economic integration and the greater social cohesion of member States (www.eib.org).
Advantages of the EIF Lines - Initiative for SMEs
- Beneficiaries: SMEs and the self-employed according to the definition of the European Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC, i.e. autonomous SMEs with fewer than 250 employees and turnover of 50 million euros or a financial statement of 43 million euros or less. Payees must be set up and to operate in Spain.
- Financeableprojects: investment projects and working capital needs that must be materialised in Spain.
- Maximum amount of financing: 12.5 million euros by SME.
- Excluded sectors for FEI: they will not be able to take refuge in this Line projects of certain sectors, as military productions, property developments, games of chance, production and marketing of tobacco, live animal' use with experimental ends, projects that harm the environment, purely financial operations, so much of society' purchase as of financial restructuring, illegal economic activities, nuclear power, among others. And also excluded sectors of the regulations Mínimis: Agriculture, Stockbreeding, Forestry and Fishing.
- Validity of the Facility: until 31/03/2018 or earlier, if they run out its funds.
Terms and Conditions
- Economic and financial terms and conditions of loans: Being a line with EIF guarantees, it has preferential economic conditions that you can consult at your branch or through your commercial manager.
- Repayment term:
- Investment projects: between 2 and 12 years, with possibility of a waiting period.
- Working capital financing: 2 to 5 years, with the possibility of grace period.
- Type: the financing will be able to formalise through loan, leasing or credit account.
- Item of the holders: the number of employees is both taking into account and its direct employees as the employees of related companies (self-employed workers, partners and linked) and also relationships will be taken into account between companies via individuals in the case of combining enterprises.
- Details of projects eligible for financing:
- Investments in tangible or intangible assets (limited for the case of land).
- Working capital: raw materials, staff, general expenses.
All investment projects must be carried out in Spain.
The objective of the SME operation should be the constitution of new companies, capital for the initial phase, capital for expansion, capital to support and/or stabilise the general activities of a company or to undertake new projects, or the penetration of existing companies into new markets or new activities. All of this in compliance with the specific ERDF Regulations.
Among other restrictions, the refinancing or restructuring of existing loans or financing of VAT payments are not permitted .