Línea FEI - Iniciativa Pymes
Provides the business project financing and working capital
Carried out in Spain by SMEs and self-employed workers
- Financing of investment projects from 2 to 12 years. Financing of working capital from 2 to 5 years. Financing by means of a loan, leasing or a credit account.
The Line of Guarantees FEI – Initiative SMEs, subscribed between FEI and Bankia on 4 March 2016, has as an aim provide the business project financing and working capital carried out in Spain by SMEs and self-employed workers.
The financing awarded to SMEs through the SME Initiative, comes from the support of the European Union with the SME Initiative, with European Union funds via the FEDER and Horizon 2020 funds and those from the European Investment Fund and the European Investment Bank.
The financing guaranteed by the FEI has economic conditions more favourable with respect to credit alternative sources, which allows to Bankia move to its clients a financial advantage in the financing of its projects.
The European Investment Fund (EIF) was created in 1994 with the mission of helping small and medium-sized enterprises. Its majority shareholder is the European Investment Bank, together with which it forms the "EIB Group".
The EIF provides venture capital to small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), particularly new businesses and those relating to the technology sector. It also provides guarantees to financial institutions to cover their loans to SMEs. For its work, the EIF uses its own funds or those provided by the EIB of the European Union.
The European Investment Fund works in the European Union member states, Croatia, Turkey, and the three EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) (www.eif.org).
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is a financial institution of the European Union, created in 1958 by the Treaty of Rome. Its shareholders are the EU member States. In its capacity as an EU institution, the purpose of the EIB is to finance investment promoting economic integration and the greater social cohesion of member States (www.eib.org).
Advantages of the EIF Lines - Initiative for SMEs
- Beneficiaries: SMEs and the self-employed according to the definition of the European Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC, i.e. autonomous SMEs with fewer than 250 employees and turnover of 50 million euros or a financial statement of 43 million euros or less. Beneficiaries must be incorporated and operating in Spain.
- Bankableprojects: investment projects and working capital needs that must be materialised in Spain.
- Maximum amount of financing: 12.5 million euros for SMEs.
- Excluded sectors for FEI: This Line will not be available for projects in certain sectors, such as military production, property development, gambling, production and commercialisation of tobacco, use of live animals for experimentation, projects that damage the environment, purely financial operations (buying companies and financial restructuring), illegal economic activities, nuclear energy, etc. As well as the sectors not included in the de minimis regulation: Agriculture, stockbreeding, forestry and fishing.
- Validity of the Facility: until 31/03/2018 or earlier, if they run out its funds.
Terms and Conditions
- Economic and financial Terms and Conditions of the loans: Being a line with EIF guarantees, it has preferential economic conditions that you can consult at your branch or through your commercial manager.
- Repayment period:
- Investment projects: between 2 and 12 years, with possibility of lack.
- Financing of working capital: between 2 and 5 years, with possibility of lack.
- Type: the financing can be formalised through a loan, leasing or credit account.
- Item of the holders: the number of employees is calculated taking into account your direct employees as well as employees of linked companies (whether self-contained, partner or related companies), and relationships between companies via individuals in the case of related companies will also be taken into account.
- Item of the bankableprojects:
- Investments in material or immaterial assets (limited for the case of fields).
- Working capital: raw materials, staff, general expenses.
All investment projects must be carried out in Spain.
The objective of the SME operation should be the constitution of new companies, capital for the initial phase, capital for expansion, capital to support and/or stabilise the general activities of a company or to undertake new projects, or the penetration of existing companies into new markets or new activities. All of this in compliance with the specific ERDF Regulations.
Among other restrictions, the refinancing or restructuring of existing loans or financing of VAT payments are not permitted .